In continuation to my ever popular post on 10 Reasons why Starwood is the Best Loyalty Program, here are 10 more reasons:
- Ability to book Airline Award tickets even when award inventory is not available. Airlines treat tickets booked via Starwood as revenue tickets and not award tickets.
- Earn airline miles on award tickets booked via Starwood. As I mentioned above, airlines treat these as regular revenue tickets.
- Ability to book one-way airline award tickets.
- They did not raise their redemption rates like Hilton did in 2010!
- Award hotel stays are actually free! There are no additional fees or charges to redeem points for awards.
- One of the most up to date programs on the social media front with very active participation on Facebook, Twitter, FlyerTalk, etc.
- SPG.com has its own iPhone App and mobile site for other mobile devices.
- Get SPG points for buying Westin Beds and pillows. Heavenly! Pun (not) intended.
- Can redeem SPG points for merchandise on sites such as Amazon.com or iTunes.
- Free transfer of points to a spouse, making combining points a no-brainer.
It’s the best! If anyone would like to share their reasons why they like SPG, leave a comment.
Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through the American Express Affiliate Program.