I am one of the few people who values hotel points more than airline miles. For airlines I care more about status and the perks I get – like upgrades and lounge access, but for hotels it’s about the free stays. While airline miles can add up real fast and get free flights all over the world, the flights are never ever actually free. There are taxes, fuel surcharges, sometime booking fees and whatnot. Hotel awards are really free! I just stayed at a Marriott recently and there was NO BILL. I love it!
The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card, just like the Hilton card that I have blogged about in the past, is an excellent card to earn free nights with. The initial offer is great, the points add up real fast and most importantly, you get a free night certificate every year. I recommend this card – I have it myself. Here are the details of the current offer:
- Enjoy up to 7 Free Nights To Start!
- New! Smart Chip Technology and No Foreign Transaction Fees!
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Marriott® locations
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies & restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Receive 1 free night stay after account approval and each year upon account anniversary
- Cardmembers achieve Silver Elite status with 15 nights credit toward Elite status
Apply here: Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card ** OFFER GONE. WILL UPDATE SOON WITH NEW OFFER **
If you find the fee a bit steep (only applies 2nd year onwards). There is also the Marriott Rewards® Credit Card. This has a $45 annual fee ($0 the first year). It does not have the same benefits though. My recommendation – get the Premier card. After the 1st year, if you don’t want the higher fee, get the Rewards card. In my opinion though, the $85 fee is worth it for the free nights one can get.
Please note that UnRoadWarrior has financial relationships with some of the merchants mentioned here. UnRoadWarrior may be compensated if consumers choose to utilize the links located throughout the content on this site and generate sales for the said merchant.