The US Airways card has always been a generous card with a good earning program. I personally did not promote it much given my issues with US Airways. However, the merger with American Airlines is changing everything. Once the twi mileage programs have merged, these miles can be combined with your AA miles. More importantly, you can redeem them today on OneWorld airlines, including Qatar!
The US Airways Premier World MasterCard® current offer gets rid of the minimum spend requirement of the past. It does however also get rid of the 1st year fee waiver. It’s $89 from day one onwards. Here are the details:
- 40,000 Bonus Miles after first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee
- First checked bag FREE on eligible bags for you and up to 4 companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to two guests on US Airways operated flights at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority Boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Earn 2X miles on all US Airways purchases and 1X miles on all other purchases
- Check in at the First Class counter for all of 2014
- One complimentary US Airways Club day pass
- Redeem flights for 5,000 fewer miles on US Airways
- 0% introductory APR for 15 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR currently 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%3 depending on your creditworthiness.
Apply here: The US Airways Premier World MasterCard®