When I wrote my earlier blog post about the Barclay Card Arrival card, one questions I got from multiple readers was ‘how do I activate my complimentary TripIt Pro Subscription’? One reader thought that it was probably a code that came with the card when it came in and he had probably thrown it away. Luckily it is not. It is as easy as clicking on a link on the Barclaycard website.
TripIt is my favorite travel App. While I have Kayak Pro already, I have found TripIt, even the free version, to be much better. It adds all travel details directly to my calendar and has an excellent user interface. I tried on Pro version using their 1-month free trial on my recent trip to South East Asia and it is awesome. I could not wait to activate my account with Barclaycard.
Click and activate:
Once you have set up barclaycard account up on their website, you will find a big banner on the right to activate your complimentary account. Just click on it and it will take you to TripIt.com. If you don’t have a TripIt account, you can set one up at this time. If you do have an account, just log in and voila – your Pro subscription is activated!
I did the needful and immediate logged into my TripIt app on my iPhone. Sure enough, my account had been upgraded to the Pro account – with Seat Tracker, Alerts – the works!
Barclay Arrival Card:
The Barclaycard has some great features other than the TripIt Pro subscription included. I just got my card and have already earned by 40,000 points!
- 40,000 bonus miles after spending $1000 in the first 90 days
- 2x (or 1x) miles earned on all purchases
- Easy redemption on any travel – airline or hotel – at any time. No blackout dates ever
- TripIt Pro membership included
- 10% miles back when you redeem
- Complimentary FICO® Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account
- No annual fee the first year, then $89
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.