Very interesting article on the Economist on possible innovations in the airline industry. I would personally like to see the pre-boarding using ‘people containers’. Here are a few selections from the article:
- Coating common surfaces with silver to prevent the spread of colds and flu
- People are pre-loaded into detached air-conditioned cabins that would then be rolled onto the plane (+1)
- Localized temperature controls (+1)
- Radio-frequency-ID-enabled travel documents
- Seat allocation could also be based on the amount of hand luggage a passenger is carrying (+1)
What innovations would you like to see in airplanes, airports and lounges? Share by leaving a comment below.